|Instructors:||Mr. Chris Showalter||Mrs. Trecia Neal|
|Room:||FSC Bird Room|
Day One: Introduction; Natural Selection; ID Review
Day Two: Hominid Lab; Taxonomy; Vertebrate Mysteries
Day Three: *Bird Banding; Vertebrate Homework Due
Day Four: Quiz; Characteristics Lab; Stickleback Virtual Lab
Day Five: *Lullwater Park Field Trip;
Day Six: Identification Test; Amphibians (Bio-indicators); *Amphibian Sampling Lab
*Indicates Outdoor Activities
- GPS SB3c. Examine the evolutionary basis of modern classification systems (archaebacteria, eubacteria, protists, fungi, plants, and animals).
- GPS SB5. Evaluate the role of natural selection in the development of the theory of evolution.
- GPS SCSh3. Identify and investigate problems scientifically.
- GPS SCSh4. Use tools and instruments for observing, measuring, and manipulating scientific equipment and materials.
- GPS SCSh5e. Solve scientific problems by substituting quantitative values, using dimensional analysis and/or simple algebraic formulas as appropriate.
- GPS SB4d. Assess and explain human activities that influence and modify the environment such as global warming, population growth, pesticide use, and water and power consumption
- GPS SB4f. Relate animal adaptations, including behaviors, to the ability to survive stressful environmental conditions.
|Assignment||Total Points||Assignment||Total Points|
|Vertebrate I.D. Test (S)||100 pts||Characteristics Lab (GP)||100 pts|
|Hominid Lab (GP)||100 pts||Field Walk Checklist (ADL)||50 pts|
|Unit Test (S)||50 pts||Bio-indicator Lab (GP)||100 pts|
|Vertebrate Chart Hmwk (GP)||50 pts||Bird Banding (ADL)||50 pts|
S–Summative; GP-Guided Practice; ADL-Assessment During Learning
Reminders – there will be NO late work accepted without an excused absence from the STT office. Cheating will not be tolerated and will earn all parties involved automatic zeros. *Please wear appropriate clothing for outdoor activities.