Saturday April 30, 2016
Noon - 5:00 PM
Come celebrate Birds and Butterflies Day at Fernbank Science Center. This year we are celebrating 100 years of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, a landmark piece of legislation enacted for the conservation of birds. We will also present a screening of THE MESSENGER, an engaging, visually stunning and artful story about the mass depletion of songbirds around the world, and about those who are working to turn the tide.
Schedule of Events
Noon - 3:00 PM: Free Activities in the FSC Exhibit Hall
- Learn about our native birds & butterflies
- Kids can learn how to use binoculars
- See a live hawk and owl demonstration
- See a bird carving demonstration
- There will be several hands-on crafts and activities
- Free fun for the whole family!
3:00 - 4:30 PM: THE MESSENGER in the FSC Planetarium!
- Four screens will run the presentation simultaneously, the birds and sounds will surround you!
- Watch the Video Trailer
- Tickets are $7 for Adults and $5 for Students/Seniors