Fernbank Science Center Facts and Figures
- Fernbank Science Center offers science instruction at every grade level to every school in DeKalb County.
- Science Center instructors are with students every instructional day during the school year.
- Several science center programs reach almost every child at particular grade levels.
- The science center mission is aligned with the DCSD mission of educating every child.
- The science center has a consistent track record of providing high-quality staff development in science that is available to all DCSD teachers.
- The science center offers AP science classes to allow for access and equity for all students.
- The science center offers several community based programs, such as bird walks, exploring nature with your child, Fossil Day, Astronomy Day, and Nano Day that are available to every DeKalb County resident.
- Fernbank Science Center reaches 160,000 DCSD students per year.
- Nearly 70,000 DCSD students visit the planetarium per year.
- On average, each science center instructor reaches nearly 6000 DCSD students per year.